EB-5 Visa

Image of EB-5 Visa

Benefits of an EB-5 Visa immigration - forms The EB-5 visa is ideal for retirees, current non-immigrant visa holders, professionals and business people who have at least $500,000 to invest. It provides the benefit of no day to day management, permanent residence for the applicant, his or her spouse and children under 21 years of age, the possibility of becoming a US citizen after 5 years, and the ability to live, work or retire anywhere in the United States. The EB-5 Visa offers flexibility to take any job, not have to rely on sponsorship by a permanent resident or citizen of the US, and children may attend school and apply to universities.

Read More

What is an E-1 Visa for Treaty Traders?

The E-1 visa is a nonimmigrant visa that permits nationals of certain designated treaty countries to be admitted to the United States to engage in international trade. The E-1 visa may also be available to persons other than the principle. For example, some employees of an individual (or organization) treaty trader eligible be eligible as well. (See Below)The treaty trader must:
1- Be a national of a country with which the United States maintains a treaty of commerce and navigation
2- Carry on substantial trade. This means a continuous flow of sizable international trade items, involving numerous transactions over time. There is no minimum requirement regarding the monetary value or volume of each transaction. While monetary value of transactions is an important factor in considering substantiality, greater weight is given to more numerous exchanges of greater value.
3- Carry on principal trade between the United States and the treaty country which qualified the treaty trader for E-1 classification. Principal trade between the United States and the treaty country exists when over 50% of the total volume of international trade is between the U.S. and the trader’s treaty country.What is meant by Trade?

Read More

E-2 Visa

Image of Investor Visas E-2 Visa

Investor Visas E-2 Visa, Treaty Investor Visa is for persons wishing to live in the U.S. and buy or invest in a U.S. company or to trade with a U.S. company. E-2 Visas (and E-status) have a distinct advantage in that you may live and remain in the U.S. for as long as necessary (perhaps indefinitely) to manage your investment and/or business, so long as it is generally successful or has a prospect for success. In short, as a holder of an E visa you may live in the United States as long as you continue to mange your related business or your investment. How much money must I invest? Let’s look at the alternative first. If you were looking to obtain permanent residence (a green card) directly through investment, you would generally need to invest one million dollars or more. This is substantially greater than the requirement for E-2 visas. While there is no set amount of investment, a good rule of thumb is about $125,000. But, depending on the type and complexity of the business, you may invest less and, perhaps, somewhat more—but considerably less than one million dollars. Each business and investor visa case is different and it is recommended that you consultant a US immigration lawyer to determine your eligibility. Can family members travel to and live in the U.S. too?

Read More