VAWA Provides Relief for Immigrant Victims of Domestic Abuse

A battered spouse, child or parent, may file an immigrant visa petition under the Violence against Women Act (VAWA)1. This law allows certain spouses, children and parents of U.S. citizens or permanent residents (also known as “green card” holders) to file a petition, without the abuser’s knowledge, to allow them to seek legal immigration status—and safety from the abuser.

Read More